PMO Lead - 12 month fixed term appointment
My client is a global financial services organisation and is currently looking to recruit a PMO Lead to join a talented co-located team managing change across all business units.
The Change Project Management team is responsible for the delivery of business change projects working with senior stakeholders within the organisation.
The role of the Project Management Office (PMO) Lead is to support the Senior Programme Managers and Project Management Team in delivering a very significant and complex project. This role is critical in ensuring quality, consistency and control are exercised and evidenced. This includes providing support to the project managers, tracking, collation and analysis of data and communications to stakeholders. Additionally, providing support to specific deliverables/ initiatives to ensure traction and momentum. We are looking for a proactive, conscientious and self-motivated individual to fill this role.
Manage a variety of regular and individual tasks including the following:
- Distributing and tracking tasks delegated across multiple workstreams.
- Collating reports from multiple sources, summarising the key points and presenting this information using Powerpoint, excel graphs and tables
- Compiling data from various areas merging into a consistent form and tracking inputs
- Own sharepoint site, adapting it to changing needs, publishing and drawing documents from this to be collated into summary packs
- Tracking progress against planned deadlines, taking appropriate action when deadlines are missed and producing reports as needed to show performance and progress
- Providing admin assistance to the Senior Programme managers as required
- Work with other stakeholders within the department to ensure best practices are adopted and shared
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and project teams gaining their respect and confidence.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
- Expert user of Excel the ability to perform detailed analysis using multiple data sources (e.g. excel spreadsheet) and translate into concise key messages within PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Project Lifecycle and key change methodology from current or previous roles
- Expert user of Sharepoint with the ability to own, develop and deliver a great communication and information tool
- Proactively contribute ideas for process improvement
- Ability to influence within own remit of work to ensure inputs are received as requested
- Flexible approach and able to respond quickly and decisively in a changing and challenging environment.
- A team player, portraying a positive, can-do approach to each task
- Willing to work outside of own comfort zone
- Ability to communicate to all levels within Geoban
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively to meet shifting deadlines without compromising the quality of output
- Able to communicate effectively with key Geoban & Bank stakeholders to ensure processes are followed with an audit trail as appropriate
- An independent worker that can use own initiative and engage team members and key stakeholders at the appropriate points
- Demonstrates resilience, personal commitment and Geoban values to the success of CICO deliverables and in all interactions
- Experienced in change management and / or MI / Data Analysis
- Educated to Degree level
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.