An exciting opportunity has become available for a Design Draftsperson to work for our client based in Poole, Dorset!
Location: Poole, Dorset
Hours: Monday - Friday, 39 hours a week
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of technical drawings based on the specifications of a given project design and in line with customer requirements.
- Assist where necessary in the development of the systems concept with the engineering design and sales team.
- Day to day support of customer and supplier enquiries associated with the relevant designs.
- To take full responsibility and ownership for the creation and maintenance of technical drawings and documentation for bespoke engineering systems in line with the design team's requirements.
- To provide support and assistance to the production team on any technical issues related to the design and manufacture of products and systems.
- For the relevant legislation, codes of practice and operating standards associated with these drafting duties as would reasonably be expected and to ensure proper compliance with them as an individual and for other staff when appropriate and as necessary.
- Be prepared to work outside regular office hours when necessary to meet customer or company deadlines.
- Prepared, when necessary, for travel both within the UK and overseas in order to meet the company's commitments.
- Creation of technical drawings of bespoke engineering systems using Solid Edge 3D CAD
- Technical support on the equipment build including any relevant testing.
- Maintenance of documentation in accordance with the Drawing Office Code of Practice.
- Complete duties within the company's operating standards, code of conduct and legal responsibilities.
- Provision of support to external suppliers and sub-contractors.
Our aim is to respond to your application within 48 hours. However, due to high volumes of candidates applying for positions, please assume that if we have not contacted you within 48 hours you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will keep your details and contact you should a more suitable position become available.
Don't delay, call, click or come in today! Find success with SOS!