Contract Manager - Hard FM
My client are looking to recruit a Contract Manager - Hard FM to work as part of a large Estates team to deliver all mechanical & electrical services through directly employed and sub contracted labour.
My client are a leading FM service provider
Building on my client's excellent processes and procedures in the implementation of planned & reactive maintenance and compliance services, the Contract Manager - Hard FM will be responsible for all M&E services to a large and interesting site in Birmingham. Building services are delivered through a combination of directly employed and sub contracted labour and as such this person will be expected to both line manage employees and also manage the relationship with supply chain partners in order to ensure an excellent and timely service is delivered. Health, Safety and Compliance will be monitored with an exceptional eye for details and recommendations will be made and actioned through the team and the supply chain.
This person will be expected to drive delivery by example; taking control of Helpdesk operations and teams of static engineers to drive excellent performance and efficiency.
Stakeholder management will be key to the success of this role and as such this person will thrive in an environment involving a large number of very diverse and senior stakeholders and immerse themselves in the 'family' atmosphere at the site where relationships are cultivated through the open and approachable nature of the people within the organisation.
The ideal candidate for the Contract Manager - Hard FM post will evidence the following:
- In depth understanding of mechanical & electrical maintenance with a track record in managing teams and sub contractors
- Excellent communicator who takes a consultative approach to their work and understands the need to tailor the approach of the Estates department to the varying needs of the business. This person will foresee potential issues and understand the importance of excellent lines of communication and stakeholder management to ensure not only top class service delivery but also to manage the perception of the Estates team to the wider business
- Holding IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent
- Mechanical or Electrical qualification
- Commutable of Birmingham
- Excellent managerial attributes, experience managing large teams and great communication
In return for the above my client is offering a salary of £45000 - £50000 + car allowance