Adoption Support Worker
Our client is looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual(s) to join their team based in their London office as an Adoption Support Worker. They are seeking someone who is committed to setting high standards and has pride in the delivery of their work.
This charity provides lifelong support to anyone affected by adoption, delivering high quality services to the people who need them. Their reputation is built on over 25 years’ experience and they make a real difference to the lives of many.
Job Title: Adoption Support Worker
Place of Work: London
Salary: £21,822 (+ London Weighting of £3,060) Plus Matched Employers Contribution to Pension Scheme (maximum 6%)
Hours of Work: 15 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed term until 28th February 2018
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days Annual Leave and nominated Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Our client's innovative and award-winning services include:
- A service for adopted young people to enable them to share experiences and be supported. This also includes a therapeutic residential short break offer.
- A family finding service for the children who wait longest in the care.
- A therapeutic parenting programme developed to equip parents with the skills and techniques to parent children who have been adopted from care.
- A service which provides advice, support and counselling to birth family members.
- A service to help people reconnect with family members separated by adoption.
You will support in the development and delivery of adoption support services through individual, family and group work throughout London with children and young people who have been adopted.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying user requirements and developing adoption support services, promotion and co-ordination of their service and providing advice, and support to families and individuals affected by adoption.
- To provide practical support in the development and delivery of services and projects; including acting as a point of contact for service users to provide comprehensive support to the service.
- To provide a range of organisational and practical skills to support a service delivery team in the development, delivery, promotion and coordination of the support services, and to support the team in provision of a comprehensive range of Residential and Non-Residential services to adopted children and their families.
- You will also support in the organising/co-ordination and supervising of residential camps on a regular basis. This will require some occasional national travel and overnight stay.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a related area. You will also have experience of working with children and families and providing support within a multi agency setting. Knowledge of the Adoption and Children Acts would be desirable with an understanding of how adoption affects all parties.
If you are passionate about helping others and making a difference, and want to play a role in driving forward the work of this charity, then get in touch.
In return you can expect:
- Matched employers contribution to a group pension scheme (to a maximum of 6%)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Your achievements to be acknowledged through our Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Family friendly policies and flexible working via credit time
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 2 July 2017
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Applicants will be subject to vetting checks related to child protection and safeguarding matters. These include references covering a five-year period, medical fitness checks, qualification status/registration, identity checks and Enhanced DBS checks as laid down by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
No agencies please.