Front End Developer
Reporting to the Lead Developer, the post-holder will be responsible for implementing all visual elements that users see and interact with in web and mobile applications. Assisting with the initial brief, architecture and design of UI/UX. Ensuring high quality reusable code by following industry best practices and contributing, if possible to all areas of the development process to drive innovation.
- Develop new user-facing features providing engaging and easy to use interfaces to the end user for both web and mobile applications.
- Build reusable code and libraries. Where possible following industry standards to maintain future compatibility.
- Contribute to UI/UX design decisions in order to create the best user experience possible.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs maintaining the usability and stability of the application.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end to maintain data integrity.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in order to share ideas, take briefs and contribute to all aspects of the business if possible.
- Proactively seek out new technologies, if viable present a case to the business and actively promote their use.
- In conjunction with the lead developer, identify areas of improvement and help implement actions if required.
Skills and Experience
- Able to work alone using own initiative to solve problems and complete tasks.
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently and deal with a variety of people including team members and clients, face to face, in writing and on the telephone.
- Organised, focused and self-determined.
- Possess a positive attitude and be committed to high standards of work.
- Have good knowledge of current web and mobile technologies and standards.
- Be competent in the following languages:
- Working knowledge of CSS Pre-Processors, Unit Testing and Front-End Build Tools.
- Able to implement responsive design using Bootstrap or similar CSS Frameworks.
- Must be willing to self-educate both during working hours and on own time in order to stay up to date with rapidly changing internet technologies
- Commercial experience within the industry.
- Experience with developing native mobile applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure services.
- Knowledge of the underlying architecture and services involved in deploying internet based applications.
If you wish to apply for the position of Front End Developer please click the apply button