Caretaker - Residential building
Caretaker - Sutton - Luxury Flats
Hours of Work: ( 40 hours a week)
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8am-1pm
Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8am-5pm
A caretaker is required to work within a beautiful new development of 82 units over 11 floors apartments in Sutton.This position is primarily customer focused to act as a focal point for the efficient management and organisation of the daily workings of the development. Your role will include cleaning and general maintenance of the communal areas of the development as well as upkeep of the external areas.
- The caretaker is to be the main point of contact on site between residents, contractors and visitors; dealing with enquiries by telephone, email, correspondence or callers to the desk. Assist the residents, contractors’ visitors with job tasks and individual requests to be dealt with efficiently
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times. Deal effectively with complaints, take the correct action and remain courteous at all times.
- Ensuring the communal areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintenance and general repairs to include monitoring lighting, fire alarm testing, minor repairs to door handles, removing scuff marks etc
- Litter picking and rubbish removal.
- Taking the wheelie bins out once a week
- Check and screen all visitors and guests and any contractor staff, ensuring they have permission to be present in the building. Report any suspicious/unusual behaviour, calling the police if necessary.
- The daily inspection of the common parts to identify repair requirements, health and safety risks and ensure service standards are being maintained. Immediately report Health and Safety risks to the Managing Agent and taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency. Recoding all faults/observations in the maintenance book and referring issues to the managing agent for resolution. .
- Indoor and outdoor upkeep of any plants.
- Pro-actively deal with any maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the estate and regularly carry out site inspections to identify any problems. Attending to minor matters affecting the appearance of the development between service contractor's visits e.g. litter picking, localised cleaning requirements.
- Experience in a caretaking role - ideally in the residential sector
- Be within 30-45 minutes commute of the development
- Have strong communication skills and be able to prioritise jobs
- Have basic IT skills
- Experience and a willingness to clean
- Be a warm, honest and polite individual