Project Manager IT system projects financial services
A City based Insurance Group seeks an experienced Project Manager with strong project delivery background (ideally from a consultancy) with more recent experience within the financial services (minimum 5 years). You will have demonstrable experience of successfully delivering critical and complex IT system related projects within financial services - (minimum 5 years). Proven experience in agile software development and lifecycle methodologies/SCRUM/Demonstrable change project management experience/Evidence of strong Business Analysis skills
Strong candidates would have held positions of Business Architect, Project / Programme Manager, Management Consultant, Change Project / Programme Manager. Deep understanding of operational impacts from business and IT change.
The role is to deliver projects and programmes in a disciplined, business focused, engaged and methodical way to the business and business partners. Lead project team members in cross functional IT and business teams with the goal to deliver IT system related projects in time, budget, quality and scope. Project types can range from system selection and replacement of legacy systems including data migration, development of bespoke systems or complex upgrades of existing systems. Facilitate the related change process on end user and IT side including handover to BAU.
- Project planning, scheduling, resourcing and dependency management following the approved project management methodology based on PMBOK and agile practices
- Creation of project cost estimations and definitions in collaboration with stakeholders and team members
- Managing project risks and issues
- Liaison with, and management of, suppliers to produce project deliverables
- Steering and controlling of project costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget
- Quality assurance / quality control
- Documenting and managing project change control
- Reporting project progress using agreed reporting lines, templates and processes
- Leading of project team and steering committee meetings
- Management of escalations within team, with project sponsor and stake holders
- Bespoke software development and system integration: managing the software development cycle in incremental iterations based on agile software development methodology (Scrum like)