Account Manager / Account Director
Want to join a market-leading, creative and successful business PR consultancy with London Headquarters in the heart of Soho?
The agency has quickly grown to a team of 16, working with clients spanning media, marketing, design, creative, research, adtech (and more!) within UK and internationally. We have big ambitions, are expanding fast and have recently opened a new practice in New York, USA.
Our approach is all about thought-leadership, brought to life through engaging content, whether that’s editorial, corporate content, digital material, video, events, social media or marketing materials.
We have a great company culture, where individuals are given freedom to make an impression and get stuck in to all aspects of PR and new business.
We are looking for articulate, confident, intuitive and focused team players, who:
- Have excellent creative writing skills and develop compelling thought leadership with ease
- Are confident in leading and growing accounts, with exceptional client servicing skills
- Can provide strategic leadership of client accounts
- Are naturally curious on issues and challenges facing business, the media, technology, design, marketing landscapes and how all these areas relate to society
- Are ambitious, organised, friendly and professional with excellent attention to detail
- Have exceptional journalist contacts and a flair for proactive media relations
- Have a desire to be more involved in new business and lead from the front
You’ll be working with clients who value credible ideas and solutions and a strong team where you’ll have the freedom to shape client strategies and grow with the agency.
It is expected that candidates will have between 3-10 years’ experience in PR or Journalism and are keen to be instrumental in the agency’s future growth.
Account Director Main responsibilities
- To provide strategic leadership of client accounts ensuring KPIs are being delivered
- To manage commercial aspects of client portfolio
- To provide leadership and guidance to team members and support agency leadership team
- To lead best practice in terms of media relations and account management
- To develop strategic and tactical ideas across national media, digital content, events and social media
- To work with fellow directors on the development of the agency and our product offering
- To proactively identify and develop new business opportunities
Account Manager Main responsibilities
- Managing a coherent PR strategy for clients and ensuring coverage or other goals are achieved
- Developing proactive pitches to the media on clients’ behalf
- Spotting and tracking issues and themes that are relevant to clients in the media
- Reacting to live media opportunities relevant to clients
- Conducting client interviews, to elicit briefing information
- Writing editorial articles and press releases
- Managing junior members of the team and delegating tasks and monitoring delivery of specific jobs and overall performance
- Responsibility for journalist relations for our business and on behalf of clients
- Developing a good understanding of B2B and B2C social media strategies and use of content and press materials online
- Management of relations with client teams ensuring good relations at all times, balanced with good time management
- Effective liaison and working partnership with AD/senior team
- Provide effective input and support for new business development including opportunity spotting and involvement in pitches and proposal writing
What we offer
We offer a full benefits package including pension, birthday off and regular socials