IT Apprenticeship Assessor
Dhunay Corporation, a provider of training, skills, recruitment & consultancy for growth, are on the lookout for a highly competent IT Trainer/Assessor to join our rapidly expanding business.
If you have a proven track in delivering outstanding results, then we would love to hear from you.
The role of an IT Trainer Assessor is hands-on and out in the field working with our learners and employers in their places of work, you will be responsible for supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications. Qualifications will include accredited Apprenticeships both frameworks and the new standards.
You will be using a variety of teaching and assessing techniques, including use of Onefile to ensure that the highest standards of bespoke learning is offered. Through the work you do, you will not only be making a difference in the lives of learners, but increasing the standards and reputation of the industry.
Sector knowledge & Competence in at least one of the following areas is essential: IT Software & Hardware, Web, Networking, Telecoms and Cyber Security. The ideal person will have experience delivering IT Level 3 Apprenticeships or higher. The role will involve both new business development as well as nurturing any existing relationships you may have. Progression opportunities will be available according to performance.
- Degree educated or Degree level thinking and reasoningability
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within specialist vocational sector
- Experience working to a supervisory or managerial level
- Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of vocational specialism
- Industry specific qualifications & competence
- Assessing/teaching qualifications (as a minimum requirment)e.g. A1, D32, D33, CAVA, TAQA etc)
- Possess a minimum of level 2 standard in Maths and English
- Understand Apprenticeship frameworks
- Understand Levy, new Apprenticeships standards (Desirable)
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure, be flexible and resilient
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Passionate, enthusiastic and with the ambition and commitment to deliver
- Tactful and able to deal with difficult situations sensitively
- Exemplary written communication skills
- Ability to engage and motivate learners to gain results
- Delivering outstanding teaching and learning of knowledge
- Progressing learners through their qualifications through work place observations, work product, written evidence and other methods
- Mentoring and coaching learners with varying barriers tolearning
- Offering information,advice and guidance and carrying out initial assessments to identify learner needs
- Signing learners onto Apprenticeships and other qualifications
- Completing and maintaining all regulatory and financial paperwork
- Taking part in continuous professional development, including completion of own qualifications
- Liaising regularly with your line manager and quality assurance team
- Marketing the organisation and its qualification offering to employers and learners
Your performance will be measured on the outcome of your activities, quality of delivery and your contribution to the success of the business. You will have regular meetings with your Manager to discuss specific priorities and deliverables and to receive feedback.
- £35,000-£55,000 per annum DOE
- 21 days’ holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Mobile Phone & Laptop
- Company Vehicle
- Training & Development