C++ Software Engineer
Our client, a leading hi-tech engineering organisation specialising in the Defence & Security industries is currently looking to hire a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join a growing Development Facility.
Role & responsibilities:
- You will be developing Command & Control application software for the next generation of Ground Based Air Defence Systems.
- This is a hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of the Command and Control Product Line architecture and the instantiations for future products. You will be developing software in Rhapsody, DDS, and targeting both C++ and C languages.
What's in it for you?
- You will be working with some of the most sophisticated technology in the defence sector
- Their success is based on the dedication of their people and they strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- The work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software.
What's great about the team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced systems in the world. They apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of software for COTS hardware. You will have been responsible for complex software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others, as part of a team, are essential.
- You will have extensive experience in model-based development, using UML and tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
- You will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of recognised industry development standards and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C would be desirable.
- You will have significant previous experience with C++. It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of DDS middleware and Linux based Operating Systems.
- You will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be capable of developing long term collaborative relationships with team members, and;
- Be able to use their and your knowledge and enthusiasm to produce high quality products in a timely manner.
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK SC level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.