Head of Retail Operations - O2, London
The O2 Arena is the world’s most popular music venue, owned by AEG, it is the home of entertainment in London. With up to 200 plus incredible events a year including the Brits and the ATP Tour Finals, no day is ever the same and Levy Restaurants is proud to be the exclusive catering provider within the arena providing food and beverage.
Part of our growth within O2 is our retail business. We have recently undergone a major project to refurbish and rebrand our retail offerings which include up to 40 food and beverage outlets and private service deck areas. The role of Head of Retail Operations is a fabulous senior opportunity to provide a quality, market leading, customer orientated retail service throughout the O2 Arena.
As Head of Retail Operations, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Beverage lead retail operations within the O2 Arena to ensure the service offered and delivered is of the highest standards. You will be responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to by up to 600 team members.Package description
To work 5 out of 7 days, in line with business needs.
circa £50,000 per annumMain responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage operations with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness
- Achieve forecasted revenues in the retail operation whilst exceeding guest expectations
- Highlight and recommend to the Director of Catering improvements in service, product lines, operational procedures and staffing to ensure improved customer service and cost savings.
- Maintain day to day contact with the AEG client/management to engender great working relationships
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety advisor, undertake regular health and safety audits of the retail operation and direct corrective action if required.
- Ensure full implementation of the company’s food safety policy and procedures
- Build, lead and manage an effective team with clear succession and development plans, ensuring measurable KPI’s are set in line with business objectives
- 5+ year’s experience in a retail environment – Essential
- Experience in an Arena, Stadium / fast paced beverage environment – Essential
- Experience in delivering quality fast food -Essential
- Experience of managing via a complex matrix of operations within a contract environment – Desirable
- Industry Awareness – Essential
- To able to work unsociable hours i.e. weekends and late finishes
- Must live within commuting distance of O2 Arena
- Strong leadership, communication and financial skills
- Strong organisational and labour skills
- Computer literate
- A “can do” attitude
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people and departments
- Standards and quality driven, hands-on management style
- Effective team player
- Assertive, calm, works well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Head of Retail, Retail Director, Retail Contract Manager