Finance ControllerLondon £55-60k + bonus
I am recruiting for a Finance Controller to be based in London for a very successful sports betting operator.
The role: An excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual who is looking to join a widely recognised brand, where the successful candidate will have an exposure to multiple divisions within the business, both within and outside of finance. The main purpose of the role is advising the senior management, through a risked-based strategy, of their internal controls and governance processes. You will be a self-starter, accustomed to working with autonomy, leading and delivering high quality value-add assignments on time and influencing stakeholders with credibility.
The company: A successful lottery and sports betting operators. The company is fast growing with plans for further expansion. The business is proud to be globally recognised as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets. With operations in 24 different countries, 48,000 Point-of-Sales and 2 billion customer transactions per year - We like to mention that they are the leading Lottery and Sports Betting Operator in Africa.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Solid experience of risk and control or Internal/External Audit
- An Accounting Qualification. Bachelor degree, ACCA, CIMA, etc
- A thorough knowledge of the retail business.
- Experience for working with emerging market would be an advantage
- Happy to travel independently to African based sites
- Knowledge of working within a fast paced & pressurised environment
- Proven organisation skills, passion & determination to learn
- Advance Excel skills
- Account follow up of the divisions
- Cash flow management and month end process
- Understand and ensuring compliance with the business processes and identify key controls and risks
- To identify gaps and weaknesses and address them quickly
- Conduct control testing and evaluation for key process controls
- Support, communicate and educate of control and compliances across the business
- Partner the wider finance function in relation to internal control
- Travel around 20% of time - significant travel to Africa
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.