Senior Systems Architect - London City
Senior Systems Architect - London City - £65k - £80k
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE is looking for a Senior Systems Architect to accept a new role, within an existing team. You will be joining a FTSE company with a profitable track record & significant growth aspirations. You will be working in a state of the art environment, with cutting edge technology & plush modern offices in the heart of London. Excellent career progression & a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena is on offer. This role is to champion Systems Architect services.
Pension + Health Care + Dental Schemes + 25 days holiday (inc to 30 days) + Health Insurance + Childcare vouchers + Season Ticket Loan + PC loan + onsite gym + subsidised onsite restaurant & coffee bar + LARGE Bonus.
You will be working with the over-all design, including developing ideas and specifications for implementation. You will be speaking to internal and external suppliers, so Business English is critical.
As a Senior Systems Architect, your main duties will be:
* Powering the system architecture process by anticipating and responding to market demand for new developments, and to establish well-defined development programs to meet those demands.
* Focusing on Carrier Ethernet, IP (Internet Protocol), and IoT (Internet Of Things) /message-based transport networks.
* Lead the development of both carrier Ethernet & IP networks, and high volume messages queues
* Develop market requirements into existing or new network architectures and designs.
* Produce clear, concise, and balanced documentation to justify or oppose particular product or network development proposals
* Take an active role in establishing the baseline scope, timeline and cost of investment cases
To be successful for this Senior Systems Architect role, you need the following skills / experience:
* Ability to communicate in market features and drivers terms with commercial colleagues
* Ability to fully engage, challenge and debate technical solutions with the Subject Matter Experts, both internal and external.
* A strong background in air interfaces and protocols such as L2 access, Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) / Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), messaging systems, satellite or terrestrial radio, and standards (e.g. MEF 55 LSO, 5GPP, ETSI MANO)
Experience in ONE or more of the following is ESSENTIAL:
* Expertise and practical experience in modern Ethernet and IP networking and Software Defined Networks, Service Function Chains (both VM and Container based)
* Expertise in a breadth of current and developing protocols and specifications relevant to messaging and IoT applications (e.g. LoRa, LTE, Thread, SigFox, XMPP, AMQP, MQTT, IBM MQ etc.)
* Expertise in a breadth of current and developing satellite or terrestrial radio air interface specifications, particularly the protocols on key control and user/data plane interfaces between the Radio Access Network (RAN) and the Transport Network.
Don't miss a Great opportunity to join a large, multinational company, with a well-known and household name - who look after their staff.
Contact Sally Hall on or click the "Apply Now" button.