At First Freelance we pride ourselves on being first-class employers. We seek out the most talented individuals and reward them with a stimulating and challenging work environment. We offer an industry training programme, clear career progression excellent remuneration package.
We are currently looking to recruit a bright and ambitious team member to our accounting team within our dynamic and fast-growing accountancy practice based in Sloane Square, London.
As a First Freelance Accountant, you will be responsible for a large portfolio of clients working as an individual and part of a team. Your main function will include:
- Preparing annual accounts
- Preparing Corporation Tax computations
- Dealing with accounts queries
- Interpreting accounts to clients if figures need explanation
- Processing final accounts
- Submitting annual accounts & CT600s to HMRC via iXBRL
- Contacting HMRC if a problem arises whilst reconciling VAT, PAYE/NICs etc.
- Personal Tax computations and support to clients
- Preparing personal self-assessment tax returns
- Dealing with tax queries and providing tax advice
- Hold or studying towards an accounting or tax qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, CTA, ATT etc.)
- Full membership to professional body where qualified or studying towards qualification
- Excellent academic record with at least five GCSEs or equivalent, including A-B grades in Mathematics and English
- General computer and software skills and good use of Microsoft packages (in particular Excel) is essential
- Knowledge of cloud based accountancy and/or payroll software highly preferable
- Participation in our industry training programme is expected and further relevant training or qualifications is actively encouraged.
Skills and experience:
- Proven practice and industry experience highly preferable
- Accountancy, tax and payroll experience is essential
- Excellent level of literacy, numeracy, written communication, analytical skills and telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Friendly and outgoing personality with a positive 'can do’ attitude
- Hard working, diligent and consciousness
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks
- Able to work to a high level of detail in a faced-paced environment
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed
First Freelance is an equal opportunities employer. If you believe that you are the exceptional candidate who could contribute to our continued success and rapid growth, please feel free to submit a prospective application including C.V., photo ID and cover letter.