QA Test Analyst
Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd is looking for a QA Test Analyst.
Since 1995, Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd has been providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services. Constantly evolving to deliver even better workmanship and customer satisfaction, we are now seen as the high water mark in Highways Reinstatement.
SQS now have a workforce of over 500. The company operates across the whole of London and the South East of England from our head office in North London.
Overall purpose of the QA Test Analyst job role:
We are looking for a personable QA Test Analyst, with experience of working within a software development team, in a role that includes testing responsibilities.
The QA Test Analyst will work within the Software Development team by testing both functional and technical aspects of systems built on a variety of platforms (LAMP and MEAN stacks, and iOS). The QA Test Analyst will ensure that software fulfils both business and technical requirements, ensuring that software iterations are of high quality and potentially releasable, in line with the Scrum methodology.
All levels of software testing are undertaken by the Analyst, from assisting developers with unit testing, to conducting integration and system testing, and managing user acceptance testing with business stakeholders. In addition to software testing, the Analyst will work with business analysts to ensure that requirements are fully testable, with a clear definition of what constitutes 'done.’
Key Responsibilities of the QA Test Analyst:
- Create and maintain test artifacts, including test plans and test cases.
- Work alongside the MIS Analyst and Development Team to understand and test data integrity and database changes.
- Assist the Development Team with unit testing.
- Carry out functional analysis and integration testing to ensure that software developments meet stated requirements.
- Conduct system and regression testing to ensure that software developments work as expected within the wider system, and existing systems are not adversely affected by new enhancements.
- Document identified software issues / defects, including steps for issue replication, and liaise with team members to plan resolution.
- Manage and conduct user acceptance testing with identified business stakeholders.
- Where applicable, carry out performance and exploratory (non-scripted) testing.
- Assist with planning and delivery of application demonstration and training sessions for users of the product suite, and related business systems.
- Experience of working within a software development team, in a role that includes software testing responsibilities
- Basic working knowledge of SQL
- A good understanding of the principles of Agile software development
- Knowledge of one or more software testing tools (Selenium, etc)
- Experience in testing web applications
- Experience in testing iOS applications
- Experience of using JIRA
- An understanding of programming concepts