We have an exciting new role for a Senior Underwriter to work for a retail bank based in Kent, paying up to £40,000. The key purpose of this role is to facilitate and progress mortgage applications, within the assigned mandate level, through to mortgage offer and in line with the Bank's operating procedures and policies.
Responsibilities for the role of Senior Underwriter
- Underwrite allocated applications to offer, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting further information from relevant stakeholders where required and verifying this on receipt.
- Offer mortgages to approved borrowers, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting any outstanding information if required and verifying it on receipt.
- Review Agreement in Principle requests in a timely manner ensuring that the information meets the requirements of the Bank's Lending Policy and confirms decisions to the relevant intermediary.
- Manage escalations and resolve technical queries from other team members.
- Respond to complaints within SLA's seeking advice and guidance from Management where necessary. Assist less experienced member of staff in this regard.
- Attend other underwriting offices occasionally to assist with the group Target Operating Model
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to Management or the Compliance Department immediately. Assist less experienced members of the team in this regard.
- Support the Lending Assessors and less experienced underwriters where required with queries and training
Experience required for the role of Senior Underwriter
- Previous experience as a mandated mortgage underwriter within a UK financial operation is essential
- Experience underwriting residential mortgages along with either specialist buy to let, credit repair/subprime, bridging and bespoke priced residential loans
- Previous experience of creating loan recommendation documents and delivering them to an Executive Committee or Leadership Team is desirable
- Intermediate level of knowledge of the FCA regulations regarding residential mortgages is essential
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
Salary: Between £35,000 - £40,000
Benefits: 24 days' holiday, 1 day increase after 2 years completed service up to a maximum of 28 days, Discretionary bonus up to 10% of base salary, Pension - 5% employee with 8% employer contribution, Private Medical Insurance = 50% individual cover, Private Health Insurance, Life Assurance 4x base salary, Season Ticket Loan and more
Location: Chatham, Kent
For more information regarding the role of Senior Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days