Teacher of Design Technology RM
This mixed, secondary school is based in the borough of Brent are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Design Technology; specialises in Resistant Materials, able to teach KS3, 4 and 5, start September, long term position until July 2018.
- To carry out effectively the professional duties of a teacher in the Crest Academy under the leadership and direction of the Principal in accordance with the policies of the Academy.
- Develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students, preparing students to be successful in external examinations.
- To demonstrate, through curriculum knowledge, creativity and application, how your subject is relevant and inspire students in your subject area to succeed at the highest level possible.
- To be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students undertaking your subject, ensuring robust and accurate tracking and performance data is recorded.
- To be responsible for the delivery of your subject within the context of the school curriculum and contribute subject expertise to support the delivery of thematic learning framework integrating aspects of the curriculum
- To take responsibility for professional development as required to deliver the required outcomes in your subject area and in the wider professional development initiatives as directed by the Principal.
We are committed to making sure our students have excellent outcomes both in terms of qualifications and wider employability. You will be working with E-ACT to ensure their vision is met, by ensuring the highest standards and expectations in teaching, learning, behaviour and subject enrichment are promoted and achieved.
Teachers are at the heart of our team. You will keep up to date with educational issues and improvements in practice, be an outstanding teacher, make learning fun and relevant and be committed to raising attainment and using strategies to inspire our students to complete their studies to a high standard. Inspire, motivate and influence staff and students, developing and maintaining the highest standards of teaching and learning in Design Technology at The Crest Academy.
Providing high quality subject and project curriculum lessons which:
- Ensure that students acquire new knowledge and skills, develop ideas and increase their understanding.
- Enable students to develop their learning habits of concentration, working productively both independently and collaboratively, and producing work which is well presented.
- Ensure students make progress through well planned and well-paced lessons with modules based on assessment for learning and lessons well matched to students' needs with an appropriate level of challenge.
- Be well organised and skillful use of resources, including time, information learning technology and support staff.
- Consistent and effective behaviour management. Giving and receiving of effective feedback
- Ensure students develop their own learning through self-evaluation and reflective partnership with peers and teaching staff.
- Delivering your subject through innovative exciting themed projects, using your subject specific knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities which facilitate active learning experiences
- Ensuring that personalisation of learning lies at the heart of delivery by fostering a mentoring and personal coaching approach that enables students to tailor the curriculum to their individual needs and aspirations and which will develop their personal and employability skills.
- Uphold and implement all Academy policies in the discharge of the duties of the post and in particular promote inclusive practice ensuring that all students have equality of opportunity
- Contribute to Academy self-evaluation and to staff continuing professional development as required
- Implement development and improvement plans in line with Academy policies and priorities, based on assessment of current position, expected progress, ongoing analysis of strengths, areas and targets for improvement and using outcomes of self-evaluation, inspection and other monitoring/evaluation
- Take responsibility for overall behaviour management within individual Design Technology lessons to ensure a safe, secure and structured learning environment
- Participate in Academy leadership and management processes and performance management as directed
- Maintain a high profile at transition points in the school day and undertake lunch and other supervision duties
- Excellent subject knowledge of Resistant Material.
- Over 2 years teaching experience.
- First/Second class Degree.
- Holds QTS
- Confident teaching KS3, 4 and 5.
- Able to display good classroom management.
- Able to commit for full year, full time.
If you are interested APPLY NOW!!
Sugarman Education is committed to Safer Recruitment and currently holds the REC Education Accredited Status. Any job application is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Sugarman Education is also an equal opportunities employer and we treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly.
Please note that due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However Sugarman Education are currently recruiting for a vast amount of positions. Please submit your CV to register and we will help you find a role tailored to your experience and preferences.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.