IT Distribution Systems Analyst
IT Distribution Systems Analyst
Contract: Permanent / full time
Salary: £20-25k pa + benefits
Provide Second line support of the Warehouse Management System applications and associated hardware, for Nisa and 3PL end users, across a number of distribution depots to ensure continuity of operational service and robust systems.
Key Result Areas:
• Provide second line end-user support, ensuring a minimum of 99% availability
• Extend the functionality of existing applications to meet evolving business requirements, and deliver estimated ROI
• Ensure helpdesk calls are completed swiftly and open calls kept to a minimum
• To achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of the role in respect of work undertaken, and deal with staff at all levels of the business and external contacts in a manner appropriate to their needs
• Investigate issues and bug fixes, analysing new business requirements, and seeing the bug fix, change or small project through the full system life cycle; requirements, system testing, QA and supporting UAT ensuring WIKI and all change documents are updated accordingly - through to a satisfactory delivery.
• Report writing: provide ad-hoc or new automated business reports using SQL (DB2), improving information for all users.
• Administrate the OS400; User creation and audit, security and access levels.
• Assist in supporting, updating and maintaining all aspects of warehouse operations; hand held terminals (HHT) Voice Kit & Console and print devices. Liaising with 3rd party providers and internal IT for implementation and support of infrastructure across all remote sites.
• On call rota for out of hours and weekend support.
• Produce best practice end user guides, training guides and document process flows in key functionality of the WMS
Knowledge & Experience:
• Knowledge of operational warehouse and distribution centre processes.
• Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience a distinct advantage.
• Experience of gathering full detailed requirements, and assessing impacts on existing functionality.
• Basic SQL skills.
• Test script writing, testing the product and regression testing.
• WMS specific device management and fault diagnosis.
• Exposure to project-based work structures
Skills & Behaviours:
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Flexible to weekend and 'out of hours’ working, occasional working away from home
• High level of technical competence with a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Excellent listening and interpersonal skills; Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Appreciation of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• One Team - working brilliantly together
• Easy to do Business with - keeping things simple
• Invested in our People - supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be
• Trusted Partner - doing what we say we will
• Forward Thinking - planning ahead and maximising our opportunities
• Honesty & Integrity - treating each other fairly with dignity and respect
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
In order to be considered for this role, please click 'Apply' below.