Copywriter and Business Analyst
Copywriter and Business Analyst
This is an exciting and multi-faceted role for someone with experience in following and interpreting industry, political and regulatory news and providing analysis and insight to the public.
The role is within a leading UK brokerage offering buy-to-let mortgages, commercial mortgages and bridging loans, located in the heart of Norwich.
About the company
The company is a family-owned broker, currently a leader in its field and an ambition to be the number 1 specialist in the UK by 2019. The business is driven by a passion for service and strong client and staff-centric values. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial company, read on to see how you can contribute to its plans for national success.
Required from the role of Copywriter and Business Analyst:
• You will position the company, in the eyes of its UK landlord audience, as the leader in its field; reflecting the expertise and knowledge it offers its clients through its broker services.
• You will follow the ever-changing product marketplace and the political hot-topics of the UK Housing Crisis and the Private Rental Sector (PRS), and write articles that inform and advise landlords on considerations they should address when deciding how to manage their businesses.
• You must have the capacity to immerse yourself in the subjects outlined above and clearly understand the complexities of subjects as diverse and complex as tax, housing policy, buy-to-let product criteria, macro and domestic political change and more.
• You will need to be able to identify and explain relevant points, in non-technical language, picked out from often-weighty documentation in legal, financial or political vernacular.
• From time to time, you will be required to attend industry events to gather information and/or put questions and involve in debate on behalf of the company.
• You will regularly be talking to and writing for the press to achieve coverage in the media for the company, in order to build the brand and its reputation in the eyes of its audience.
• You will be professional, diplomatic and a confident thought leader and you will protect the interests of the business at all times.
Our client communicates with its audience via a number of channels, which include:
• The company website
• Social media (Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, Facebook and more)
You will be directly responsible for issuing communications via these channels and this will involve familiarising yourself with technology such as the content management system that populates the website, social media platforms (Hootsuite) and the email platform.
You receive support from the web developers, marketing executive the marketing manager of the business but you will be able to learn fast and work autonomously.
The successful Copywriter and Business Analyst:
• You must have exceptional English language and literature skills; there should be no spelling or grammar mistakes in the final copy you produce.
• Ability to demonstrate your competence relatively quickly (certainly within the 6-month probation period.
• Able to manage your time effectively.
• You should be proactive in your approach to your work, e.g. being pre-prepared to cover key events in the landlord year, following up on work, etc.
• You should be flexible and adaptable, sometimes a news story will break or a product will be released unexpectedly and you will be required to adjust your work to accommodate this.
• Interpreting data is a significant part of this role, you should have an aptitude for numbers and an ability to analyse and interpret them.
• You will have a keen interest in digital marketing and be prepared to work with and be guided by the marketing executive to adhere to best practice for SEO and social media disciplines.
• Salary from £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
• Annual salary review
• 21 days holiday increasing by one day for each year of service
• Company contributed pension
• Private medical healthcare and death in service benefit
As Copywriter and Business Analyst, you will be joining a fun, but hard-working team, who don`t take themselves too seriously. You will not be micro-managed, but you will be supported and be part of a tight-knit team. The chairman of the group and chief executive of the business is very much an available resource for you to talk to and share ideas with.
You could not be joining the company at a more exciting time, so if you think you are the ideal candidate for this Copywriter and Business Analyst position, please apply!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.