Assessment Centre Manager - Weymouth £38,000.00
MAXIMUS is a rapidly-growing global outsourcing business, with over 40 years’ experience of working with governments, employers and healthcare practitioners. The health and employment services sectors are expanding as governments worldwide look for cost-effective, professional outsourcers. We’ve almost doubled in size over just five years and with 15,000 colleagues across four continents, we offer expertise, scale and opportunities for managers who want to grow with us, gain experience and build their career.
In the UK, we provide occupational health services to both the public and private sectors, we deliver contracts for the government’s Work Programme and Fit for Work initiatives and, through Remploy, we’re Britain’s largest employer of people with disabilities.
This role is with our Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA), which operates the Health Assessment Advisory Service for the UK government with 2,000 staff across 150 locations.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) needs health information about people claiming benefits. This is done by an assessment process. The purpose of the assessment is to understand how an illness or disability affects our customers daily life. We arrange and carry out the assessments for DWP this takes place within one of our assessment centres which you will be responsible for.
Tghe Assessment Centre Manager is a Manager role within Operations, reporting to the Area Manager.
The AC Manager is the single point of accountability for delivery of volume, quality, and applicable service level performance targets of an AC or a group of smaller ACs. The role is responsible for leadership and oversight of AC operations, including assessments, admin activities, customer service, facilities, and health & safety.
Essential Job Duties:
• Ensure that the volumes, quality, and applicable service levels are delivered to agreed target levels
• Deliver team objectives and performance against targets through robust performance management methods
• Facilitate communications which support delivery
• Monitor high level administrative workflow to ensure administrative teams have all processes in place to ensure assessment delivery
• Work with Area Manager to drive continuous improvement and disseminate though team
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints and escalate serious complaints as required
• Communicate changes in assessment procedures and best practices (healthcare-based and administrative) to teams (with support of Team Performance Leader(s) Clinical Standards Lead(s) if required)
• Ensure Team Performance Leader(s) or Clinical Standards Lead(s) have in place appropriate healthcare-related mentorship and coaching to support delivery of quality targets
• Ensure Team Performance Leader(s) or Clinical Standards Lead(s) follow appropriate processes to escalate clinical questions and communicate resolution
• Support the continuous professional development of staff and encourage shared learning
• Responsible for effectively and proactively managing absences to minimise ad hoc and ongoing absence
We want talented operations experts who want to put their skills to good use and give their energy to something worthwhile. If you want to make a real difference at work why not join us?