Bookkeeper / Office Administrator
** Please note, salary expectations for this position are up to £22,000 per annum gross commensurate with experience **
** Please attach the most recent copy of your CV with your application in order to be considered for the position**
Inhabit is a leading façade and building maintenance consultancy group with offices across Asia Pacific, the Middle East and UK (www.inhabitgroup.com).
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join our busy and growing UK practice. The role will also provide proactive administrative support to the Director in Charge and a growing team of consultants and engineers, whilst also being responsible for the daily office activities to ensure things runs smoothly.
The book-keeping and accounts responsibilities will include: balancing accounts, preparing sales invoices and credit notes, reporting, monitoring cashflow, arranging purchase orders, preparing statements, completing VAT returns, ensuring all accounts are accurate and up to date, managing and coordinating payroll with an outsourced provider, processing expense claims, assisting to prepare annual accounts using computerised accounting systems and ensuring statutory obligations and requirements for accounts and payroll/pension.
- Day to day general office duties and administrative support including preparing, collating information and formatting submissions, capability statements and legal documents
- Daily communication with the close-knit team in regards to weekly deliverables and ensure the Director is informed of the progress
- Daily management of the online Project document control / scanning / filing and cataloguing
- Issue invoices and credit notes to clients as required
- Process staff expenses claims on a monthly basis
- Pay supplier invoices
- Collect sales taxes from clients and remit to the government
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide information to the external accountant and issue financial statements
- Provide and check the outsourced payroll provider with all relevant data i.e. new starters, departures, variations, sick and annual leave etc.
- Assist the team in the ongoing design, development and delivery of marketing documents in relation to client focused fee proposals and marketing materials
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the group's filing and organisational procedures for soft and hard copy documents
- Ensure the office is presentable at all times by maintaining office cleanliness
About You (Key Selection Criteria):
- Proven bookkeeping experience with a solid understanding of accounting payable / receivable principles
- Hold an accredited, globally recognized book-keeping qualification in accounting
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office with an ability to learn additional software/systems quickly
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Responsive, positive attitude, dedicated and hardworking
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Working knowledge of MYOB and SUN accounting software packages and payroll processing experience an advantage
Salary based on relevant skills and demonstrated experience
Training will be provided by the Operations Manager - Middle East & Europe
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below and upload CV & Cover Letter and address the above Key Selection Criteria in your Cover Letter.
No phone queries please.
We thank all candidates for the interest in this role at Inhabit, however due to anticipated response, only short-listed applications can be contacted
Please no agencies.