Underwriting and Counter Fraud Technician
Premier Underwriting Limited is a successful, forward-looking motor underwriting agency which manages around £80 million of insurance premiums.
We have a proven and profitable track record in providing pricing, underwriting, claims handling and distribution functions for insurers based in UK and Gibraltar.
We are also an important part of the growing Premier Group which includes its own insurance company and consultancy services to the insurance industry.
Our success is built on the quality of our staff and this is an excellent opportunity to play an important part in evaluating our book of business and to contribute to longer-term corporate planning decisions.
Underwriting - To handle incoming telephone calls, emails and faxes as well as a variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to checking for rating accuracy, issuing renewals, updating rating tables and handling Claims referrals.
Counter-Fraud - To investigate and verify policy/risk information disclosed by policy holders on application. To refer any discrepancies revealed by our counter fraud systems to our intermediaries (external retail outlets) and to record and follow up with them to ensure that the appropriate action has been taken i.e. additional premiums generated, policy cancellation, voidance, or satisfactory explanations received regarding the discrepancies.Other ad hoc administrative duties.
· GCSE or equivalent education is essential. Working towards a CII qualification. This could be Certificate ("Cert CII"), Diploma ("Dip CII"), Advanced Diploma or Fellowship.
· The jobholder is likely to have at least one years’ experience in a FCA regulated insurance/financial services environment. A good understanding of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
· Enthusiastic team player who can contribute good ideas.
· Tenacious, organised, assertive and determined to complete tasks thoroughly.
· Confident telephone manner and ability to build relationships with third parties (intermediaries) to achieve company objectives.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Able to establish credibility in managing in-house and external relationships.
· Analytical and numerate with good verbal and written skills and good attention to detail.
· Able to effectively plan, set priorities and manage workload.
Rate Checking: The jobholder will be responsible for the day to day checking of rates both internally and externally. This will involve looking for any discrepancies in the rates charged by the intermediaries against the rate expected by us.
Renewal rate checking: The jobholder will be expected to update our internal rates on a monthly basis and test them before issuing renewals to our brokers.
Phone Lines: The jobholder will be partly responsible for handling underwriting/claims/operational queries from intermediaries of Premier Underwriting. These require an accurate and considered response in accordance with our underwriting guide.
Business Processing: The jobholder will input into the policy administration system new business, midterm adjustments, and other changes to policy records that are required
File loading: The jobholder will be required to process the daily import of electronic data files from software houses and intermediaries.
Counter Fraud: The jobholder may be required to undertake Counter Fraud related work including:
· Receiving data extracts comparing policy/risk information and details disclosed by policy holders on application with information provided by our counter fraud systems;
· Identifying any discrepancies;
· Referring the discrepancies to our intermediaries and ensuring that they take appropriate action;
· Producing and maintaining management information providing information on the referral process and its outcomes.
Ad Hoc Tasks. Being such a small company the jobholder will be required to assist in a variety of undefined tasks as and when required.
As the needs of the business may from time to time determine, we reserve the right upon reasonable notice to move you to any other role within your capabilities and competence either in addition to your current role or instead.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000