Group Exec Chef - day shifts only - near Gravesend
GROUP EXEC CHEF
£35-40,000 + generous pension, healthcare and company discounts
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced group exec chef or head chef with some multi-site experience looking to step into their first group role.
The company operate in-house day time restaurants serving all fresh locally sourced produce and their own extensive home baking range.
Reporting to the head of catering you will be based at their flagship operation that is about to undergo a massive redevelopment that you will be very involved in, and you will oversee the other sites kitchens.
It is essential that you are a passionate foodie with a background working in commercial customer facing quality fresh food restaurants, that you are a competent baker, enjoy designing menus, are hands-on, and can manage and develop people and teams.
A massive bonus is that you will work straight day time shifts only with alternate weekends off.
You will need your own transport and be prepared to travel in between sites.
ROLE - GROUP EXEC CHEF
As the Group Exec Chef you will have full operational responsibility for the groups kitchens:
- Lead, develop, and inspire your teams
- Design and cost fresh seasonal menus
- Work closely with head of catering to drive sales and implement systems & procedures
- Work hands-on in the kitchens supporting your teams
- Source and liaise with suppliers to secure best price
- Control and manage GP's, wastage, costs, labour, and budgets
- Maintain compliance & legislation across all sites
- Formulate and manage a strategic plan for all food production
- Recruit, train, and develop chefs
- Ensure consistency across all sites
- Achieve company KPI's, targets, and goals
ATTRIBUTES - GROUP EXEC CHEF
- Experience as a group or head chef in quality fresh food commercial restaurants, catering operations, pubs, or hotels
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Staff recruitment, selection, and training
- A hands-on approach
- Strong financial skills - GP, cost, and budget control
- An intrinsic understanding of relevant legislation
- Creativity with menu design
- An outgoing and positive personality and outlook
- IT literate - working with systems & process
- Drive and ambition to succeed
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, dynamic, and forward thinking company as they continue to invest in and develop their catering operation.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.