£45,000 + benefits
This is an opportunity to work for a national business which values its employees and offers superb career opportunities. It also offers a first class office/working environment and is situated right in the heart of Merseyside.
You will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the reporting cycle and external audit process for subsidiary trading companies and, together with the Finance Manager, ensure that appropriate review/oversight of the wider function is in place.
The role will require a deep understanding of the systems supporting the financial and management accounts and is expected to optimise operational process and improve controls.
- Managing a small team of accounting professionals.
- Monthly reporting cycle - involvement in preparation, posting and review of journals.
- Monthly reporting cycle - reviews of the wider finance reporting areas & documentation of this process.
- Involvement in the external audit process.
- Subsidiary statutory accounts production.
- Support for regulatory reporting and operations.
- Budgeting and forecast processes.
- Ad hoc projects/corp. acquisitions.
What skills set and experience do I need to be considered?
* The ability to effectively manage and communicate to a small team of experienced professionals.
* A logical, audit-focussed approach to the role.
* High quality presentational and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business at all levels.
* Monthly and periodic reporting cycles.
* Understanding of audit having previously been in an audit or financial/management reporting role.
* Preparation and production of statutory accounts.
* Financial Control systems & implementation.
* To posses a strong accounting technical knowledge, and the ability to understand the impact of changes to accounting standards.
* A team-player with a positive approach to their work and colleagues.
* Pro-active individual with eye for detail and willing to get their 'hands dirty'.
Adele Carr Financial Recruitment is a specialist Accountancy Recruiter to the North West Market. For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Liverpool office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter. For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Liverpool office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter. Due to the high level of interest we receive for each of our roles we cannot guarantee a response to each individual application. Therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have unfortunately not been short-listed for this role. Please do continue to check our website for other roles which may be of interest to you and follow us on @AdeleCarrFinRec