Bookkeeper & Payroll Administrator - Accountancy Practice
Centora is a Surrey based accountancy and business outsourcing company, set up to provide small businesses with a back-office workforce specialising in all aspects of Accounts, Bookkeeping, and Payroll, to provision of Financial and Management Reports.
This is an opportunity for a qualified or experienced Bookkeeper, preferably with experience of working in Practice to join us and work with clients across a range of industry sectors.
Hours of work are 9.00am-5.30pm. 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Free parking on-site. Due to the rural location of our business, it will be necessary for the candidate to have their own car. Salary in the region of £25k, depending on experience.
Tasks will include:
- Bookkeeping services for limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and LLPs up to trial balance.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting and management accounts.
- Preparation & submission of VAT returns.
- Run monthly and weekly payroll, RTI and pension uploads. P11Ds and PAYE/NI reconcilliation with HMRC Gateway (incl. Earlier Year Updates).
- Liaise with and provide general technical advice/support to clients.
- Willingness to set an example to ensure workload is managed appropriately to meet client expectations. Managing client expectations and working extra hours as and when required.
- Contribute to practice growth by sharing ideas and becoming amongst other staff members a pillar that the business can rely on.
- Participate in business transformation by demonstrating a keen interest to change and embrace new processes and technologies as they come out.
Experience and skill set:
- Have previous experience within a General Practice - a plus but not a necessity.
- Proven experience of working with accounting software such as Xero and Sage.
- Proven experience of running payroll software such as Sage Payroll or Moneysoft.
- Needs a good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience working in a smaller close knit team and environment.
- Ability to manage work delivery within fixed and tight timescales.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels with colleagues and clients.
- Conscientious and good attention to detail.
- As a point of contact to our clients, the successful candidate will need to have excellent written and spoken English.