Insights Service Delivery Manager
Insights Service Delivery Manager
Canary Wharf, London
£45-50K plus excellent company benefits
Gorkana is the market leader in global media intelligence (and a part of the rapidly growing global company, Cision). We connect brand owners and organisations to critical information and insight to help them control and manage their reputation across all media platforms. In today’s fast-paced media landscape, our unique blend of smart technology and bright analysts give our clients a clear competitive advantage. As pioneers of the industry, we have redefined the way media intelligence works, transforming the way professionals connect and engage with the media. Our powerful database, human reviewed monitoring, social media and analysis services help make sense of the rapidly evolving media landscape. This essential information allows our customers to make the right decisions with relevant content, in real-time.
About the role:
The Insights Service Delivery Manager holds responsibility for the running of a designated delivery team encompassing both production and customer support functions.
The Insights Service Delivery Manager is accountable for performing against a set budget for the financial year, achieving targeted profitability margins and mobilising their team to support top line revenue performance through sales enablement, insights service design, retention and customer experience activities. As part of the department management team they will shape and deliver strategic initiatives, whilst maintaining alignment with and contributing towards the broader objectives of the Global Insights function.
The Insights Service Delivery Manager will line manage a group of (Senior) Client Insights Managers and have overall accountability for their wider team of up to 30 staff. They have responsibility for talent acquisition, influencing behaviours, developing and coaching their CIMs on a day to day basis and creating and executing succession plans to manage their people talent into future roles within the organisation. They will play an integral leadership role in ongoing efforts to establish a high performing, growth based and continuous improvement culture, centred on customer success.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports and the wider insights team, contributing to the coaching and development requirements to all staff across the department
- Support the Sales / Relationship Management teams and actively engage with finding and supporting upsell opportunities
- Drive best practice/Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage recruitment across all job roles and responsible for Succession Planning
- Lead local and global strategic innovation and continuous improvement practice
- Proactively develop and share product, competitor and wider industry knowledge.
- Participate in the management of costs and commercial activity
- Drive improved platform and system knowledge continually within the wider Data Analysis team (CDM, AnalysisPro, UKPulse, C3, Social Media Pro, Visible)
Desirable skills and experience:
Strong project management and organisational skills
Advanced social and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrable ability to foster teamwork and open communications
Ability to set expectations and deliver high quality results
Previous experience of managing and developing people
Experience in developing and maintaining profitable client accounts
Comprehensive understanding and experience of media evaluation industry (preferred)
Ability to quickly attain an advanced understanding of Gorkana internal systems
Knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma or Kaizan. (Certification preferred)