Business Development Manager - Potential Country Managing Director
Expanding international consulting firm specialising in technological innovation and engineering, with a strong experience in transports, and especially automotive is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager / Business Development Manager with strong potential to continue developing the business in the UK as well as looking after a small team. This is a hands-on role where you will work along with your team as well as putting in place the sales strategy.
This job may suit a high performer looking for their first move to a Senior Business Manager role, and could well evolve towards a Country Manager position rapidly based on performance achievements. You will be reporting to the Group Management based in France.
The team is currently based in Birmingham, but you don’t have to based there if you can manage the business challenges and develop strong relationships with your team.
- Defining the commercial strategy in line with the HQ
- Consultative sales, qualifying clients’ needs and closing deals
- Visiting clients
- Liaising with the engineers and technical teams in France to deliver projects
- Supervising project management
- Recruiting in liaison with the HR dpt
- Managing staff including leading the team, coaching, appraisals, etc
- Previous experience in consultancy - ideally with contacts in the engineering / manufacturing environment
- Previous experience team management and as a BDM
- Educated to degree level or higher from Business school or Engineering
- Passionate about new technologies
- Entrepreneurial/start-up mind-set, leadership, self-motivation and ambition as well as team work and initiatives will be assets for the role
- Strong communication skills
- French and/or German would be a plus but are not mandatory
- Previous experience in working for a subsidiary will be a plus
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- C£50k-£60k + com based on generated margin - uncapped
- Car or car allowance, health and pension plans
- Others benefits related to the targeted Country Managing Director position