Site Operations Controller
We’re looking for a Site Operations Controller to support our London East Hire Centre team in Purfleet. If you are an appointed person with experience of planning and coordinating complex lifting operations this role could be for you.
As Site Operations Controller you will provide pre and post order support for Site Works and Project Delivery with particular focus on the scheduling and planning of transportation, cranage and associated installation (and termination) activities.
A large part of this role will require the supervision of site works as required, where necessary fulfilling the role of Site Manager.
Portakabin Group is Europe's market-leading modular building innovator, employing more than 1,600 colleagues across seven countries with a turnover of £224m.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application – from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
The following skills are essential for this position:
- Site Supervisory/Management experience.
- Health and Safety knowledge relating to Site Operations (to include preparation of RAMS and Lift Plans).
- A sound understanding of CDM 2015
- Understanding of off-site construction methods
- CPCS Appointed Person (Lifting Operations) Competent operator.
- Full UK driving licence
Desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of traditional construction methods
- Ability to produce and maintain linked project programmes (MS Project)
- Construction related NVQ/SVQ levels 5 + in construction management CSCS Manager card
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Provide technical and operational support, including preparation of Lift Plans, as the nominated regional Appointed Person for lifting operations in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Support the Project team to effectively plan, manage and co-ordinate site work, to include liaison with Portakabin Distribution department, Crane and Trackway suppliers to ensure site works proceed as planned. Co-ordinate with all statutory bodies as required to facilitate works
- Ensure that all sites are planned and managed in accordance with appropriate H&S regulations, CDM 2015 regulations and industry approved codes of practice
- Attend site visits as required and support both the commercial and Projects team through the provision of costs, development of risk registers, pre-construction information and documentation to support the quotation process.
- Assist with the sourcing, and quality monitoring of sub-contractors in line with the business selection and assessment of supplier management system.
- Produce method statements, risk assessments, drawings and delivery schedules on a project specific basis. To include where required Traffic Management Plans.
The salary for this position is in the range £27,000 - £39,500, we also offer a merit scheme based on skills and experience.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.