RZ has a new and exciting opportunity available for an experienced Payroll Processor in an Edinburgh based accountancy practise.
My client is an independent and award-winning firm, with a diverse client base, including those based in the financial services, insolvency departments, IT and marketing consultancies and charities. The company prides themselves on their commitment to staff development and training and helping employees progress within their career.
The successful applicant's day to day responsibilities will include:
* Processing all aspects of payroll including, timesheets, holiday pay, new starts, leavers and tax codes
* Communicating with clients, and informing them of HMRC obligations
* Uploading information to client portals
* Checking calculations, such as tax and NIC
* Overseeing NEST and pension schemes
* Ad hoc duties as required, for example general administration, and basic bookkeeping
The ideal candidate will have the below experiences and skills:
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role, preferably within a practise or bureau
* Sage 50 payroll experience
* Understanding of HMRC and RTI procedures
* First-rate communication skills
* Able to work well with a diverse range of clients
* Able to work as part of a team
* Experience as a Payroll Processor within an accountancy firm or bureau
* Experience setting up and managing NEST and pension schemes
* Complex payroll experience
If you feel you have the right skills and experiences for this role and are looking to further your career within a well established accountancy please apply today.