Field Based Business Development Manager
Field Based Business Development Manager - Mid Market
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Uncapped commission structure
- Company car
- Monday - Friday
- Additional company benefits
Discover the opportunity to join our growing teams, at Green Energy Consulting we provide complete carbon management solutions which allow any business to make all aspects of their energy use carbon neutral. We are a dynamic and responsible company that fosters the development of its entire people. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Green Energy Consulting the employer of choice.
Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions
Initiative: recognises and acts on what needs to be done without being asked
Honesty: transparent in the interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc.
Driven: The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets.
- Establish new business opportunities with targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
- Gaining an understanding of the area you will work in in order to generate your own pipeline through research of the key contacts in that area and marketing to and approaching them directly.
- Prospecting and converting leads into profitable and ongoing business relationships
- Understand customer long-term strategic business needs and increase level of contact- higher and wider - within customer’s organisation to allow for selling of new opportunities.
- Effectively advise clients on GEC software, services and product offerings.
- Negotiating and closing contracts.
- Collaboration with colleagues, including sales, marketing and operations teams, on ways to continuously improve offerings and go to market strategies
- Generate and follow up on leads by making contact with prospects and creating interest in GEC offerings
- Communicate and interact with business decision-makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
- Negotiate and close recurring revenue sales that vary in contract length and fee range
- Close an agreed upon number of sales and revenue per month
- Maintain prospect database information
- Professionally represent the company at all times
Essential skills, qualifications and requirements:
- Experience selling professional services and experience and knowledge from working within the energy, sustainability or environmental industry is a must.
- Self-starter; able to rapidly comprehend client demands and GEC solutions, and to align the two to ensure sales performance at or above assigned levels.
- A full driving license, with the rights to drive within the UK.
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a consultative sales role; Lead generation, interfacing and presenting to all management levels, negotiating agreements with prospects, effective closure rate with prospects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)