Collections & Arrears Specialist
Vargo is recruiting for an experienced collections and arrears advisor to join the Collections team for a leading finance house. The ideal candidate would be able to maintain customer relationships whilst bad debt and company risk is minimalised.
- Collecting outstanding payments from SMEs and consumers.
- Where necessary negotiating future payment dates and plans.
- Handling customer enquiries over the telephone.
- Maintaining up to date records after each discussion with a customer.
- Performing ad-hoc administration functions
- Use of Microsoft office and Sentinel computer systems.
- Additional tasks as requested by line manager to ensure the smooth running of the Dept.
- Must be able to demonstrate success in a similar role
- Able to work in high volume environment
- Able to demonstrate empathy, understanding and have confidence to deal with difficult conversations
- An awareness and in-depth understanding of FCA, DPA and banking code regulations.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including English and Maths (Grade A-C)
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent telephone manner with strong listening skillS
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Able to prioritise and manage their own time affectively
- Problem solver