ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Marketing
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Marketing
We are seeking an individual who has some marketing experience, which may for example have been gained during an internship during university, who wishes to join a dynamic creative agency in South West London to kick start their career in marketing. As an entry level position, past experience does not have to be extensive. Salary is dependent on experience ( £19-24k + good benefits)
They are a London-based, family oriented dynamic creative communications agency of over 90+ people, founded in the late 90’s, with a strong retail focus. Due to the international footprint of their clients, they are a melting pot of nationalities, languages and cultures. They place planning and insight at the core of everything they do and care about. They work across all communications touch points and channels.
They are and will continue to be defined by the people and faces that make up their agency, with its entrepreneurial spirit and international outlook. Many of them have been with the Agency for a considerable amount of time and some have even been away, only to return again. Perhaps it’s the fast pace, challenging and dynamic nature of their clients businesses that keeps people coming back for more. It could be it’s the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives. Or maybe it’s their agency and how they do things. Whatever it is, they are determined to keep building on this success.
General Account Management Functions:
To generate revenue for the agency, by driving and developing communication to meet the goals of the client’s marketing activity and ensuring that a high level of client services are delivered.
Role of an Account Executive
Reporting to an Account Manager, the Account Executive role is to act as the administrative driver of the team.
- Responsible for all of the day to day administrative processes necessary for the smooth running of an account - job opening, purchase orders, timesheets, status sheets, guard books/tearsheet books, distribution of marketing publications, fielding enquiries, assisting in document preparation
- Liaison with the creative department to schedule briefs and artwork
- Attending and issuing contact reports for client meetings
- Ensure all client and agency personnel are aware and adhere to timings
- Responsible for artwork from approved concept through implementation and despatch, including artwork accuracy, obtaining technical/mechanical specifications, internal approvals and adhering to deadlines
- Develop a good knowledge of all agency processes, including the finance systems
- Liaison with suppliers and group companies
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with your client/s
- Developing a good understanding of your clients and their businesses/industry
- Maintain a professional status when conducting agency business
- Effective prioritisation of your own workload
- Managing weekly client and team status reports and meetings
- Providing support and encouragement for all members of the team
- Pursue good understanding of the creative process, developing strength of creative judgement and increasing involvement in brief writing
- Pursue good understanding of print and electronic production processes and all other tasks allocated by Account Manager.
Becoming an Account Manager
Key competencies that you need to be able to do to take the next step:
- Have the confidence to express your ideas within the agency/to client, in meetings and through formal presentations
- Have the ability to take briefs from clients
- Produce creative briefs, briefing in the relevant people and being able to objectively judge the outputs
- Produce documents for presentation
- Have the confidence and ability to own/run a project from start to finish, from own initiative
- Have the ability to drive and manage multiple projects
- Have developed strong client and agency relationships giving you stature internally and externally to take on an Account Manager role
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Invoicing control
- Managing and reporting on the profitability of projects
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to manage situations when things do not go to plan.