Public and Media Relations Executive
A new role has arisen for a creative, consumer PR professional to join a personal finance adviser as Public and Media Relations Executive.
A well-known independent personal finance service is looking for a Public and Media Relations Executive to join their talented and dynamic team. The job holder will be responsible for driving consumer awareness and the overall reputation of the organisation through the execution of effective and creative PR strategies, with the ultimate objective of increasing customer base and encouraging customers to take action. They will also promote the service to external stakeholders and partner organisations.
The candidate must have a good grounding in consumer and/ or corporate PR, experience of working on PR campaigns, an eye for a good news story and be social media savvy. Experience of working with national, regional, consumer and trade media is essential.
- Implement creative integrated media relations and PR strategies
- Raise awareness of the service and its advice through consumer PR
- Day-to-day proactive and reactive media relations activities
- Develop and maintain strong media relationships across consumer, corporate and trade journalists
- Brief senior executives on media opportunities and day-to-day media issues
- Ensure consumer and corporate PR messages are amplified through social and digital media platforms
Key skills and experience:
- Strong media relations and PR capabilities learnt through consumer and corporate PR campaigns
- Good network of media contacts
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to write press releases, blogs, media statements and by-lined articles
- Ability to respond rapidly and effectively to the news agenda, external comments or policy developments
- Ability to gather and use case studies to demonstrate impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work senior leaders
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.