Quality Inspector - FTSE 100 Company - 25-30k - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Inspector to join a prestigious FTSE 100 Engineering company based at one of their Bristol sites. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for the inspection of incoming deliveries to the site at Bristol and to verify compliance with relevant purchase order, drawings, standards and technical documentation.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake the Quality Inspector Activities. Successful candidates will be pro-active and have a structured and systematic approach to work. Candidates will possess excellent communication skills at all levels, enabling effective liaison within project teams and other areas of the business.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Verification of product arriving into the company.
- Completion of all relevant quality inspection reports.
- Reporting transit damage feeding back any issues relating to loading/transport to QA/Supply Chain and the supplier.
- Raise supplier rejects for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage.
- Liaise with Suppliers to help resolve queries when required.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineers where appropriate.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Support quality activities within project timelines.
In order to be considered:
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience working in an inspection environment.
- Engineering background with sound metrology skills.
- Use of basic inspection, test and measuring equipment.
- Ability to operate a FARO Gauge with Aberlink software and produce reports.
- Familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection.
- Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Familiar with general non-conformance processes.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety practices in the workplace.
- Previous experience within the Defence industry would be an advantage although not essential.
- Where required additional training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Good time management skills, used to working to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive and able to work without close supervision, but also work well in a team.
- Flexible and able to adapt to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with Suppliers and Internal Customers.
- Good analytical / problem solving skills.
In return my client looks to offer a competitive salary plus substantial company benefits.
If you are interested please apply ASAP with an up to date CV.