Purchase Ledger Clerk
To accurately process all supplier invoices and ensure payment is in accordance with the supplier's payment terms.
A medium sized business with an extremely good work-life balance, based in offices in the Leatherhead area with free parking provided.
Great work life balance - Hours of 8:30pm - 4:30pm
The Purchase Ledger Clerk role involves:
- On a daily basis record all invoices on the invoice register
- Match the invoice to the authorized PO or alternatively distribute via Focal point for approval
- Deal with supplier queries; assist with the set up new suppliers and action any changes to standing data including Bank details
- Create the weekly BACS payment run for authorisation by the Financial Accountant and Financial Controller including foreign payments and sundry cheques.
- Record the CIS, create the letters for the subcontractors, produce the HMRC monthly return providing a reconciliation for review by the Financial Accountant
- Contact Focal point users to ensure goods and services have been receipted allowing for prompt payment of supplier invoices
- Responsible for reviewing and if appropriate amending the coding of POs/invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Ad hoc tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Purchase Ledger Clerk role will:
- have worked in a similar role previously
- be focussed on working in Purchase ledger (as opposed to Accounts in general)
- will live locally and be a driver (difficult to get to by public transport)
The Purchase ledger Clerk role pays between £21-23,500 + excellent benefits (apply for details), and a great work life balance
Hours of 8:30pm - 4:30pm