Insurance Account Manager - North/Scotland Territory
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Account Manager to join the Broker and Affinity team in our General Insurance division. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we continue to develop our Personal Lines Regional Broker proposition. You’ll be expected to develop strong relationships and grow profitable business relationships across your broker portfolio whilst also seeking opportunities for new broker partners. The role is Home-Based and will suit someone based in the North as the portfolio is based across Scotland and the North.
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Build and maintain broker relationships across both existing and new partnerships within your region, demonstrating effective territory management techniques to maximize your opportunities to enhance the relationship through targeted initiatives
- Deliver insurance revenue and profits for your broker portfolio against agreed KPIS and Account Plans
- Analyse performance of your accounts, identifying trends, offering solutions and recommendations internally and externally to drive improved business performance.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business including underwriting, pricing, marketing, customer service and claims to ensure consistent delivery of market leading service.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and gain support for targeted campaigns
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on all relevant products, understanding current and future legislation that may affect your accounts.
- Utilise all technology solutions for management information and customer relationship management such as Salesforce
- Keep up to date with market trends and provide market feedback to wider business in order to assist the development of business opportunities.
- Demonstrate your commitment to personal development through the attendance of training/workshop sessions and completion of relevant CBT’s.
- A high standard of education.
- CII qualification preferred or working towards
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Market and Proposition
- A detailed understanding of the UK broker market and market conditions to maximise all profitable business opportunities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of L&G and UK Regional Broker market propositions, drivers of success and fit with the Regional Broker sales processes to maximise business opportunities
- Thorough and detailed understanding of Household Insurance
- Understanding of current and proposed regulation to ensure growth and strategy driven within regulation. To include: FCA, DMD, ABI, Data Protection Act, Money Laundering and internal compliance routines.
L&G Strategy and Structure
- Ability to navigate and negotiate across the organisational matrix to ensure delivery of objectives for the business
- Experience in portfolio management with a deep understanding of territory, management and relationship techniques
- Able to negotiate effectively with brokers on contracts and agreements to ensure that they are beneficial for Legal and General
- Able to prepare and deliver sales support to brokers through telephone, web-based or face to face training
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a home-based worker you will receive a Tool of Trade Car together with home worker’s support for office furniture if required