Smart Meter Installer (Dual Fuel Qualified)
Smart Meter Installer (Duel Fuel Qualified)
£29,603 per year (once fully trained) plus up to £6,000 deferred loyalty bonus scheme
A guaranteed loyalty bonus, realistic targets and a better work life balance. Add great opportunities for professional development and it’s clear that we're the smart choice for Smart Meter Installers.
This is one of the biggest jobs around. The UK has rarely seen an energy saving project as important or ambitious as the Smart Metering Programme. By 2020, we will install 7 million meters. As a member of our team of dedicated and skilled fitters, you’ll be at the heart of our success. It’s not just a big challenge - it’s a rewarding one too. As well as the reward of helping our customers to manage their energy usage, you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and development.
What you’ll do as a Smart Meter Installer
Fitting Smart Meters in our customers’ homes, you’ll be the friendly face of SSE. Making visits in your well-equipped van, you’ll meet all kinds of people. You’ll have targets based on the number of appointments booked in. We will give you the time to complete every job safely and answer every customer’s questions properly. With us, your customer service skills are just as important as your technical ability. And if you need any help yourself, our dedicated support team is just a call away.
What you’ll need if you’re Duel Fuel Qualified
- A current CMA1, CCN1, Diploma in Smart Installation (Gas or Dual Fuel) or an equivalent aligned ACS qualification.
- A current MET1, 2 or 4 or FCO1 qualification.
- A current qualification in ONE of the following: MOCoPA single phase, multiphase cut-out/City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 and 3; City & Guilds 2357 Level 2 and 3/City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3/NVQ Level 3 Electro Technical Services Installations/Diploma in Smart Installation (Power or Dual Fuel).
- Each certificate should be valid for at least 6 months from your start date.
- At least 3 months’ practical experience in gas or electrical work.
- A current driving licence with a maximum of 6 points.
We give you the kit you need to succeed - van, tools and full PPE. What’s more, you’ll get a guaranteed loyalty bonus included as part of your contract.
And that’s not all. Our benefits package includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted energy, phone and broadband, and a share incentive scheme. You’ll also enjoy:
- Discounted health assessments
- Help and advice for a smooth pregnancy and beyond
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounts to gyms, health clubs and leisure centres
- Vauxhall Partners Programme
- Opportunities for development in coaching and mentoring positions
We provide the energy people need, reliably and sustainably. We distribute and supply electricity and gas, and provide other energy-related services. You’ll get all the training you need to do a great job, plus opportunities to develop and progress.
As a member of our talented and diverse workforce, you will benefit from our commitment to being a great place to work. At SSE we value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation, through the wide ranging knowledge and experience of individuals from all sectors of society. We actively recruit from all sectors of the community and seek to ensure wherever possible that the composition of its workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which it operates.