Market Risk Analyst - Private Bank - £35-45k - London
Executive Talent Solutions are working with a leading Private Bank to recruit a Market Risk Analyst. This role will form a key part of their middle office function, providing a key link between trading and finance.
The role of Market Risk Analyst is a permanent position based in their central London office. The role will pay between £35000 and £45000 plus excellent benefits including study support.
The responsibilities will include:
- Recording and monitoring all derivative and proprietary trading positions (Intraday & close of business)
- Working knowledge of Foreign Exchange, Interest rate Swaps, Interest Rate Futures, FX Options, Caps & Floors and Asset Swaps, Bonds, FRN’s, CD’s.
- Establish working relationship with Group Market Risk Unit, Treasury, Credit and the relevant CRO teams.
- Document management of Trades, positions, escalation of breaches to management and ensuring all outstanding items are investigated and cleared as necessary.
- OTC Trade valuations using established Bloomberg models
- Value at Risk reporting
- Production of daily management reports within agreed time-scales
- Banking Book interest income margin analysis
- Customer FX Margin Trading - reporting of breaches, overview of clients positions, liaising with Banking teams and Credit as necessary.
- Overview / maintenance of data records in the General Ledger system to ensure correct classification of data in relation to regulatory reporting and Middle Office schedules
- CSA Collateral management in respect to investigation of exceptions, margin calls and monthly interest.
- Provide assistance & cover as necessary in relation to the Asset and Liability Committee schedules.
- Responsible for the data integrity of all futures and option reporting.
- Monthly Submission of the PRA Treasury Asset schedule.
- Quarterly Submission of the PRA Treasury Basis Risk return.
- Hedge effectiveness documentation / testing
Candidates should have previous experience in the Financial Services industry with knowledge of Derivatives, including; foreign exchange, interest rate swaps amongst other products. The role requires very strong Excel skills and a desire to develop your skills and move through this business.