Manager - Environmental, Health and Safety
Do you specialise in health and safety? Are you looking to take your next career steps with a leading business? If so our client are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
The company is one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, they put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with our client. They are at the forefront of the UK`s green economy and are one of the UK`s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. They use smart people and smart technology to deliver their vision, bringing people together to give the world`s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join the team at their ERF facility in Dunbar.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to the Regional Head of Operations, the successful Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will take responsibility for:
• Developing, maintaining and promoting Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other safety systems as required to achieve a high level safety culture within Dunbar ERF.
• Maintaining, developing and continually improving the Dunbar ERFs Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001; ISO 14001: ISO 18001 & ISO 50001.
• Implementing compliance to all statutory Health & Safety Legislation including Environmental through continual monitoring and maintenance of Dunbar ERFs associated permits and licenses.
Who are they looking for?
They are looking for an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will possess an in depth knowledge of HS&E legislation and compliance, a comprehensive understanding of waste management legislation and knowledge of environmental databases and analysis software. You will also:
• Be flexible in approach, ensuring that vital and/or associated work is achieved accurately and in a professional and timely manner. Working to a staff contract there will be times when weekend, night and bank holiday working will have to be worked.
• Display the ability to respond professionally, flexibly, positively and successfully to deliver the SHEQS strategy.
• Maintain personal CPD programmes as required in accordance with professional qualifications.
Please note: This role will involve working in harsh operational environments.
In return for your hard work as their Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, you will be entitled to a competitive salary of £47,000 - £50,000.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role of Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, we want to hear from you! Please click APPLY to view the full role profile.
Closing Date: 3 July 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.