WANTED: Marketing & PR Executive - Sports Sector - Perm
If you love sports and have a passion for marketing, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
You will get to work in what can only be described as an amazing and beautiful environment, full of green space.
Our client is based in Chiswick and have a multi-sport facility including a USPGA Specification 9-hole par 3 golf course, a 50 bay floodlit driving range, indoor and outdoor tennis courts plus one of only three indoor SkiPlex ski slopes in the UK. There is also a gym, a fully licensed café / bar and a function room that can hold events, parties and weddings for over 200 people.
Our client has a tennis academy which has been an LTA High Performance centre for over 10 years.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary focus is to bring new business to the Golf & Tennis business using all relevant and available communication, marketing and PR channels, including digital, print and TV. The successful applicant will strive to increase brand awareness in the local community whilst building their database and social media 'fan’ base. You will also be responsible for driving consumer footfall and delivery of all brand content for the website & social media.
The role supports a wide range of customer facing & digital marketing activity.
• Driving footfall into the business through locally based marketing activity, advertising, partnerships and brand alliances.
• Creating relevant and engaging content for all brand communication channels to maximise consumer engagement
• Utilising existing contacts in local, regional and national press, as well as developing new PR & Media relationships, to effectively target potential new customers through various media channels.
• Seeking effective, on and offline PR opportunities to promote brand awareness and to present the organisation, its facilities, and sporting 'stars of the future’ in the best possible light.
• Planning, managing and content creation for all brand social media channel and growing the social media fan bases.
• Ensuring the organisation’s website is completely up to date with all new events, activities and PR stories, plus support each of the sport areas to keep their pages fully up to date and relevant (WordPress).
• Create weekly reports on key website analytics and engagement results
• Creating promotional marketing materials including, flyers, posters & presentations maintaining the consistent brand aesthetic in line with the Brand Guidelines.
• Assisting the General Manager with all email broadcasts and their related content - plus maintaining a record of competitor CRM activity across print and email.
• Ensure customer mailshot database is kept up to date.
Skills and experience
Required / preferred attributes:
• A marketing related degree or equivalent would be preferable but not required
• A passion for driving new business into the centre specifically in tennis, golf & ski
• Previous experience & thorough understanding of social media and digital marketing
• Previous experience within a sports environment preferable
• Existing knowledge of and contacts within Sports PR (press, digital and TV channels) preferable
• Proven ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good analytical skills with the ability to interpret and report upon basic sales and social media data
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress
• Confident when speaking and strong sales skills
• A pro-active, "can do" approach and hunger to succeed.