Project Engineer - Layout and Facilities
My Client state-of-the-art headquarters is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars
The layout engineer would be required to attend various internal reviews and be totally responsible for capturing the requirements and producing detailed and highly accurate AutoCAD drawings.The role will also include potentially working with Architects; Factory simulations companies in order simulate the facility prior to procurement and completion.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Create conceptual layouts whilst working with internal workgroups
- A level of automation knowledge would be required in areas such as conveyors, robotics etc. which help develop layouts.
- Liaise with developers, architects, M&E & engineering supplier and internal departments.
- Ensure release of drawings is controlled.
- Develop layout layering strategy to be used at the new site
- Working with IT, set up a secure storage area where all drawings can be stored.
- Monitor timing plans and ensure delivery within the agreed time scales.
- Obtain layout sign-off from all area as required
- As well as producing new drawing, the role will require surveying and updating existing drawings to show services, modifications, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- The candidate will need to be HNC qualified
- Knowledge of conveyors, automation would be advantageous.
- Autocad experience is essential mainly 2D, 3D would advantageous.
- UK travel may be a required