Oil (upstream) - Assistant Accountant
Oil and Gas subsidiary of a major international trading company seeks an Assistant Accountant, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer
Scope of work:
Carry out Oil & Gas accounting functions together with day to day accounting using Sun Accounts and relevant excel spreadsheets. Perform daily accounting tasks and act as project administrator for systems development. Liaise with Account Assistant and CFO and input/update bank transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly management reports, monthly forecasts and G&A reporting etc.
- Manage accounts payable function. Ensure that invoices/obligations are paid in an efficient and timely manner. Implement necessary controls to ensure this is maintained and set up necessary standards to assess performance.
- Manage and jointly perform time-writing function.
- Recharge costs and issue debit notes - monthly (Tokyo/Dana etc).
- Liaise with requirements of Company Secretary regularly.
- Input Sterling and Dollar transactions in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update cash book.
- Reconcile bank accounts at end of month / Cash-flow / FX.
- Input and reconcile monthly payroll.
- Enter book depreciation entries on Sun Accounts.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets register on monthly basis.
- Process cash calls on monthly basis.
- Monthly input of joint interest billings on spreadsheets and book journals on Sun Accounts.
- Book oil sales journals on Sun with special exchange rates.
- Record petty cash entries as it incurs.
- Run G&A and bank reports monthly to check and reconcile.
- Ensure payment of loan, interest, commitment fees etc on project basis.
- Quarterly VAT returns and its reconciliation to the nearest pennies & deal with VAT inspector for any queries raised
- Monthly reconcile prepayments and accruals.
- Reconcile inter-companies monthly.
- Prepare first draft of monthly management reports based on input in Sun System.
- Prepare first draft of monthly forecast as requested by Head Office.
- Perform any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Assist in internal controls set up.
- Assist in preparation of annual accounts for the entities.
- Prepare annual governmental surveys as standard followed.
- Assist in tax computations.
- Generate BACs & online payments and record journal entries.
- Deal with statutory auditors.