Site Planned Maintenance Manager
Salary circa £40k per annum (dependent on experience)
We have an opportunity for a qualified engineer to join our friendly and lively team at our Accolade Park site in Bristol which employs over 500 people. Our Bristol site houses the largest bottling plant in the Northern Hemisphere bottling up to 1 million bottles of wine per day. We are investing £3 million into our Bristol site and have some exciting and innovative projects underway.
Drawing on a proud heritage with one of the first wineries established in Australia. Accolade Wines has evolved into a global wine company with some of the world’s best-known brands sold in over 100 countries, including Australia, the UK, Mainland Europe, the US, South America, Canada, South Africa, Japan and China.
The business is the number one wine company by volume in the UK and Australia, with a portfolio of brands ranging from the historic Hardys through to Kumala, the number one South African wine brand in the UK.
About the role
We are an innovative organisation and our philosophy and vision for excellence in manufacturing is built on a LEAN foundation that is customised specifically for Accolade Wines.
Reporting to our Head of Engineering you will coordinate, develop and improve all site maintenance and engineering stores activities utilising the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS). You will also line manage our Stores Administrator.
You’ll have autonomy in this fast paced role working with some of the best machinery (Krones) in manufacturing and the UK. We are continuing to invest and diversify at Accolade Park and it’s an exciting time to join us. You’ll be able to shape and put your own mark on the role. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the CMMS system is fully utilised and be our CMMS expert, providing in house training and development
- Facilitating the management of standards / procedures used for entering, maintaining and reporting of site maintenance and stock information
- Providing technical engineering management of the CMMS, monitoring data collected and creating and managing records
- Developing bespoke systems and processes to manage and align the management of the Krones Asset Management System (KAMS) spares systems
- Working collaboratively with our Stores Supervisor to ensure engineering stock levels are maintained to optimal levels within target and budget
- Ensuring inventory control in the form of stock audits are applied
- Working closely with the engineering managers to optimise and improve planned maintenance activities
- Implementation of an engineering maintenance strategy
You will be a qualified Mechanical / Electrical Engineer with a proven record of excellent CMMS management, database development and document management. Experience in a FMCG environment in beverage / food production would be beneficial. You’ll have an understanding of LEAN manufacturing and engineering excellence techniques such as RCM and PTM. Additionally you’ll have skills in failure modes effects analysis. You will also have experience of project engineering management.
Our clients are well known brands and visit Accolade Park and you’ll be confident in dealing with and presenting to our clients and have great communication skills.
Expect to make new friends, the team are close knit and socialise on a regular basis.
Sound like your kind of drop?
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including a company pension scheme, retail discounts and an on-site staff wine shop and discounted wine online. We also have a subsidised canteen that provides breakfast and lunch and an onsite gym.
Our Accolade Park site is in Avonmouth Bristol and is a short drive from the M4 / M5 with free onsite parking. In addition there is a bus service from Bristol City Centre and Avonmouth Train station is local.
If this sounds like your next Engineering Maintenance role please click on apply:
The closing date for this vacancy is 27th June 2017.