Graduate Data Analyst
Brightside Insurance is a top 20 insurance broker and has an exciting opportunity for a talented Maths or Computer Science graduate to join an established and innovative MI team.
This position would be perfect for a recent Maths or Computer Science graduate, ideally with some commercial experience within SQL gained either during education or within a commercial environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial financial services environment.
- This person is a member of the MI development team and is responsible for converting the business requirements into fit for purpose and robust BI solution.
- To support existing ETL process and make sure data are loaded into ODS on agreed SLAs.
- To provide accurate and timely information to all business levels both internally and externally
- To provide an analytical approach to considering issues and opportunities within the business intelligence environment
- To manipulate and transform large data sets into meaningful information and provide means of discovering the intelligence within the data (trends/variations)
- Work with the business directly and through technical business analyst to define BI requirement.
- Develop robust and easy to maintain ETL to transform and load data into data warehouse.
- Develop standard look and feel for all reports through Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources including Analysis Services Cubes and relational databases.
- Optimize TSQL and MDX query performance to meet agreed SLA
- Develop sophisticate, well performed reports, dashboards.
- Minimum 2:1 in Maths or Computer Science
- TSQL and SSIS skills.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
22 days holiday, rising by one each year, up to 27 days in total - plus bank holidays. In addition we also give you your birthday off to celebrate in style.
Access to hundreds of pounds worth of health care and treatments via our Health Cash Plan Scheme.
A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £500 for recommending a friend.
A salary sacrifice pension scheme.
We reward our long serving employees through extra holiday and one off cash rewards.
A variety of Staff Discounts covering: Gym memberships, Restaurants, Beauty salons, Spas, Car garages, Golf memberships, Wedding accessories and much much more!!