Financial Controller - Our Client is a dynamic privately owned property development and investment company with a large property portfolio with a value of c£700m comprising of both commercial and residential properties.
As the company grows, they are looking to take on a Financial Controller to spearhead all of the financial needs for the company.
The Role will involve the following:
- Producing financial appraisals and cashflows models for unencumbered properties, bank funding and JV partnerships.
- Preparing the quarterly management accounts and statutory accounts for property investment and trading companies in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Build-up of audit files, year-end adjustments for accruals and prepayment and other accounting treatment, taxation provision, amortisation and rent recognition.
- Liaising with external auditors and resolving any queries arising from audit.
- Responsible for producing the profit and loss and balance sheets, ready for external accountants to file at Companies House.
- Submitting VAT Registrations and Options to Tax on properties, as well as monthly and quarterly VAT Returns.
- Responsible for the liaison of Payroll with external HR company.
- Treasury work including maintaining efficient working capital
- Overseeing and managing the service charge and accounting on the Group's agent managed portfolio including the review of agent client statements, aged debtor reports, landlord service charge liability and non-recoverable expenditure with close liaison of the in-house Head of Property.
- Reviewing supplier payment runs to ensure integrity with cost control prior to Director authorisation.
- Reporting to financiers for loan covenant monitoring to include interest cover, and compliance certificates.
The Person: will be able to lead the financial department of the company solely and will come from a strong financial background. You will be a key player in the company and be able to communicate extremely well in both writing and verbally, including communicating with the CEO and family board members. You will ideally be qualified, although this is not essential. You will also ideally have QUBE, TRAMPS or similar experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career and take on a role with responsibility.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.