This is a 6-month contract position based in central London which has the day to day responsibility of running a busy finance department managing the financial control systems whilst driving efficiency and value. Reporting to the Director of Finance you will have the autonomy to lead, manage and mentor the team. Ideally you will have gained your finance experience within a multi-site business and have proven experience of being able to work at a senior level whilst managing the more 'hands on’ aspect of running a busy finance team.
Key areas of responsibility;
- Development, implementation and delivery of all financial & management reporting to Senior Management, including but not limited to weekly KPI’s, monthly Board Pack, divisional monthly P&Ls & statutory accounts.
- Completion of VAT return, co-ordination of external audit; management of all tax affairs
- Development of efficient transaction processes; maintenance of accounting books
- Monitoring of financial controls to ensure no material error or loss occurs
- Development & delivery of budget & forecast
- Review & analysis of performance with recommended actions
- Production of weekly cashflow report and forecast
- Providing effective decision support for Management in relation to investment and all other commercial matters and post-implementation evaluation.
- Undertake projects or ad-hoc work as requested by the Director of Finance.
Experience/Skills and Attributes:
- Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Strong Excel & mid to large scale accounting package (eg Sage)
- Ability to business partner with Operational teams
- Solutions focussed with a can do attitude