Global Chief Content Officer
Job Title: Global Chief Content Officer
Start Date: ASAP
About the Agency:
The agency is a global content tech/marketing agency that produces premium content for clients such as Unilever, PepsiCo, Estée Lauder, Merck, Intel, Nivea, Nestle, and Telefonica. It helps brands to create effective content through an end-to-end service, from audits and strategy through to creation, publishing, and distribution.
Since their foundation in 2015, the agency has already grown to over 100 employees and has been listed by Forbes Magazine as one of the most promising companies. The agency has offices in London, Sao Paulo, New York City, and Jakarta and has published more than 50,000 pieces of content, which, in turn, has delivered 100 million additional unique users to its clients’ sites.
About the Role:
The agency is seeking a Global Chief Content Officer to join its global headquarters in London. The Global Chief Content Officer for All Things Hair (Unilever) will oversee all marketing content initiatives, across All Things Hair websites globally to increase engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour (and of course, improve sales!). This individual will be an expert in all things related to content creation and strategy, brand consistency, localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with both the local CCOs around the world and the agency’s key clients at Unilever. The Global CCO will also collaborate with (and influence) other agencies including PR agencies (i.e. Weber Shandwick), Digital Strategy agencies (i.e. Mavens), and SEO agencies.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term
- The development of a functional content calendar and defining the content owners in each market
- Overseeing local CCOs, and supervising writers, editors, content strategists; share best practice in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Overseeing local 'shoot’ plans (hairstyles, how to create hairstyles) with local market stylist input.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization and/or translation strategies.
- 10+ years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, social / digital marketing etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Experience in managing global teams
- Experience working with senior clients
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist not necessary, but a bonus
- Multilingual abilities (specifically Portuguese / Spanish) a major plus.
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across websites
- Organic Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
- Positive client reviews! And internal feedback.