Assistant General Manager
Exciting opportunity for an Assistant General Manager to work with an SPV company in London.
Reporting to the General Manager, the role will be assisting and supporting the General Manager in the delivery of the Managed Service provisions and managing the relationships between client, users and services providers.
- SPV organisation
- Permanent opportunity based in London
- Salary £50,000 - £55,000
- Must have PFI Experience
- SPV or Facilities Management background
- Providing technical lead
- Understanding Project Agreement and service provider contracts.
- Attend monthly Service Review meetings and acting as deputy General Manager to chair meetings if required.
- Chair monthly Operations Meetings
- Managing Subcontractors
- Ensure compliance and review output of the project
- Monitor, review and report on the performance of FM service providers through direct observation, review of service desk reports and the assessment of their achievement of service standard objectives.
- Recognise where compliance activity is absent or unsatisfactory and take appropriate action.
- Identify and highlight critical high risk areas
- Provide guidance for development of processes
- Review service provider's operational internal audits and monthly reports.
- Technical Lead
- Compliance standards and procedures
- Health and safety standards.
- Monthly technical reports
- Asset Management Lead
- Liaise with Hard FM subcontractor to ensure what works are required and that the proposed cost is reasonable.
- Undertake due diligence of replacement proposals
- A professional qualification in engineering or facilities management (desirable)
- Managed Hard services Facilities
- Professional Membership
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH)
- PFI experience is essential
- Ideally have SPV experience but not essential
- Working knowledge of FM service delivery
- Experience of PFI environment
- Extensive knowledge of FM statutory and regulatory compliance
- Worked within a performance based environment
- Contractual, statutory and guidance documents
- Risk management principles and practices
- Proven record of service delivery
- Extensive interpersonal skills
- Problem solving in complex environments
- Able to provide advice and guidance on FM issues
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable and persuasive manner
- An understating of financial management
- Excellent written and presentational skills, including business report writing
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Computer literacy with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Prioritisation of own workload on a day to day basis
- Positive participation in team meetings and other team interactions
- Strong time management skills to meet changing priorities and deadlines whilst ensuring the core tasks are delivered
- Able to work with executive/senior managers
- Attention to detail
- Self-confidence and resilience