Assistant Project Manager
Excellent and rare opportunity to work for a leading UK Asset Management company as an Assistant Project Manager on lifecycle, variation, construction and refurbishment projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for somone with 1+ years post grad experience in Building Surveying or Project Management who is looking to progress their career and ideally become chartered.
- Permanent Position
- Assistant Project Manager
- 25-30k basic salary plus 3k car allowance, discretionary bonus scheme, pension and private healthcare
- Assisting in implementing Life Cycle Works and variations across a number of existing buildings
- Based from an office in Bristol covering the the South and South West of England
- Starting Summer 2017
The Assistant Project Manager (client side) will be delivering lifecycle and variations projects across a number of mainly education, healthcare and government buildings. Based from an office in Bristol you will report into a Senior Project Manager and assist in projects across the South West and South of England, all within travelling distance of the office. As the Assistant Project Manager you will;
- Provide a consistently high quality of service to projects
- Support Operations Managers in understanding and implementing Life Cycle works and project variations
- Provide a consistently high quality of service to projects.
Closely work with;
- Lifecycle works planning department
- Procurement function
- Operational / Faculties Management functions
- Senior management
- Liaise with and manage multiple project stakeholders
- Interface with professional / design teams
- Provide support on project validations, feasibilities and scope determination
- Co-ordinate and issue tender documentation
- Manage framework / partner contractor’s performance and wider-market contractors
- Provide assistance carrying out tender processes and produce concise, insightful and accurate tender analysis
- Assist in the production and execution of various forms of contract documentation; JCT D&B, Framework call-off etc.
- Undertake contract administration, management and works monitoring
- Provide post-project feedback to the wider team to aid continual improvement / lessons learnt
- Assist in the carrying out of site surveys, developing scope of works, producing tender documentation and carrying out contract administration duties.
- Proven competence either via degree level qualification in a Building Surveying / Project Managent discipline or significant related experience
- Working towards or wanting to work towards chartered status through any of: MRICS / MAPM
- Minimum 1 years post graduate experience work on projects within the Education or Health Sector
- Demonstrable experience of refurbishment projects would be an advantage
- Knowledge of modern construction methods
- Experience of delivering fit-out / refurbishment projects in occupied facilities would be advantages
- Experience using Project Management systems and processes
- Committed to the programme of continual improvement