IT Graduate - £30k - Central London
Sector: Information Technology
An exciting opportunity for a graduate that loves all things tech to work for a reputable, historic financial institution in the heart of London!
Established in the late 1600’s, our client is the oldest bank in the United Kingdom and the fourth oldest in the world providing private banking, financial planning and investment management services to high-net-worth individuals and families. Rich with history, beauty and charm, this family run business is looking for an IT Graduate to join their tight- knit team!
Why work here?
The following benefits are provided on commencement of employment:
- Generous base salary of £30,000!
- 25 days annual leave in addition to statutory bank holidays
- Subsidised hot and cold meals in staff dining room for £1.25 per month
- Sports and social club
Upon successful completion of probation period:
- Private medical insurance and eye care
- A wide range of Apple & Samsung computer products and accessories up to a value of £3,000
- Dental insurance
The role will be a 1 year programme initially which will provide the graduate with a broad understanding of the entire IT operation of the bank. The graduate will have a specific role within the Architecture team to begin with but may also spend a proportion of their time working in other IT functions including but not limited to:
- Help maintain & research details for the application portfolio
- Work as part of the Transformation Team to assist in tasks across the security, cloud migration, desktop and telephone programs
- Assist in keeping technical information and project tasks up to date
- Research new technology solutions/ packages and feedback to the wider architecture team
- Assist in the business rollout of the new desktop
- Detail minutes and actions for the IT leadership team and from project/ design meetings
The Person - Qualifications, experience & skills
- 2:1 University Degree or higher
- Graduated no earlier than 2016
- Strong people & communication skills, charismatic personality and team player
- Well- rounded interests
- Cultural fit including evidence of experience holding positions of responsibility and an interest in philanthropy
- Intermediate level at Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Keen interest in banking and business, including information technology